COVID - 19 in Morocco
Since the beginning of the outbreak, Morocco has taken swift and decisive action to combat the virus and has been largely successful, with very low numbers of critical cases. You can see the numbers updated daily here. The vaccination process of Moroccan citizens is underway. They currently have nearly 13 million 1st doses administered and just over 10 million second doses. The country also signed a contract to produce the vaccine within the country, making them the only country on the continent of Africa producing the vaccine.
What if I get COVID in Morocco?
If you become ill during your time in Morocco, all the government hospitals are equipped to care for COVID patients. If you have to quarantine, you will have the option to arrange your own quarantine, which can include hotels equipped to allow for safe quarantining. If someone is unable to make their own arrangements, they will have to quarantine in the hospital. You may not be allowed to depart Morocco while you are ill. You can find the numbers to contact your consulate here.
- Morocco has now opened borders for travelers from countries that are an exempt from an entry visa (this includes Americans, Canadians, and many others – the full list can be found here) who have an invitation from a Moroccan company or a reservation with a Moroccan hotel, transportation company, or travel agency. Travelers should have the reservation printed out.
- There are two lists of countries – A and B – that will be updated every two weeks. A countries can enter without quarantine. B countries can enter with a travel exception document and a negative PCR administered within 48 hours prior to travel, but must quarantine for 10 days upon arrival at their own cost.
- Travelers from A countries must have either proof of full vaccination or a negative PCR test that was administered within 48 hours prior to travel. The test results must be printed out, as they will be checked before boarding a flight as well as upon arrival.
- Travelers will need to complete a health form, which can be completed online and printed out, and will also be made available prior to landing.
- Masks must be worn in public in Morocco, and failure to do so can result in a 300 dh fine. Social distancing and increased sanitation is also in practice.
- Travelers are recommended to download the Wiqaytna app for contact tracing.
Testing in Morocco
With the United States requiring a negative COVID-19 test administered within 3 calendar days prior to travel to be presented at check-in prior to entry into the U.S., being able to get a test easily in Morocco is going to be important. Testing facilities are easily found in all major cities. The testing costs 700 DH (approximately $80 USD) per test, and the results are turned around within 72 hours (usually in under 24 hours). Our drivers are able to help our travelers arrange an appointment for a test.
MOROCCAN STATE OF EMERGENCY
Morocco has extended their State of Emergency until October 31, 2021. This declaration allows the government to take actions in a more timely manner for the protection of the citizens and visitors during the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The current restrictions are as follows:
- A nationwide curfew between 9:00 pm and 5:00 am
- Restaurants, cafes, shops, and supermarkets must close at 9:00 pm nationwide
- All live entertainments, including live music, DJs, and dancers are prohibited
- All nighclubs are closed, and the sale of alcohol in restaurants without purchase of food is prohibited
- Parties are allowed for up to 25 people
We believe in the saying that our customer is a boss." All our tours are private tours, personalized and flexible. You can ask the driver to stop at any time, you want to take pictures, drink, go shopping or just want to get out of the car and stretch out. You just need to relax and leave the Trip to us, we will give you unforgettable memories during your stay in MoroccoHassan